This low impact Pilates style class is designed to help you gain confidence with movement through the use of specialized exercises that train both the biomechanics and neurological systems of the body. These 6 week sessions will support both your physical and emotional well-being.
Restorative Pilates can help with;
- Persistent Pain
- Chronic Fatigue
- Digestive Disturbances
- Cognitive Concerns
- Frequent Injuries
- Sleep Disturbances
- Poor Balance
- Muscular Tension
- Joint Health
- Fear or Avoidance of Movement
- Respiratory Health
Pilates For Functional Strength
This comprehensive movement practice uses a series of evidenced based exercises that target both the body and brain to help you improve daily and athletic performance.
Pilates for Functional Strength can help with;
- Mobility and Motor Control
- Decreased risk of Injury
- Improved Strength
- Enjoyment of Movement and Physical Activities
- Improved Balance/Stability
- Increased Energy and Endurance
- A Stronger Mind/Body Connection
Neurobiomechanical Movement Training
Neurobiomechanical Training offered at Walking Tree Wellness Centre is a unique therapeutic movement practice designed to help you relieve chronic pain and restore optimal movement through highly individualized brain based movement training. These are private 1:1 sessions.
Neuroathletic Training for Youth
This brain based movement practice is designed for young athletes looking to improve their athletic performance, while decreasing risk of fatigue and injury. These individualized sessions are designed to be sport and goal specific while supporting the young athletes biomechanics and neurological systems.
Sessions may include;
- Vision Training
- Vestibular/Balance Training
- Proprioceptive Training
- Sport Specific Strength and Motor Control Training
- Breath Training
- Coordination Training
- Inhibition/Decision Training
- Perturbation Training
- Creation of individualized warm-up exercises for optimal performance.
These sessions are currently available for youth ages 12+ and can be offered in both private and semi-private sessions.
If you have an athlete under the age of 12, please inquire with reception.
Power over Pain Course
Chronic Pain is one of the most common and costly health conditions facing the human population. It may also be the most misunderstood condition with life altering consequences.
Research has shown that pain education is one of the most effective treatments for chronic pain.
In this 7 week pain education program you will learn;
- To reframe chronic pain
- The true cause and meaning of pain
- How the pain system works and how to retrain it
- Evidenced based treatment strategies
- About the threat/pain connection
- About resources and next steps
- About language and pain
- About the importance of movement and how to safely improve your movement practice
- That Chronic Pain is a Treatable Condition
Each session will run for approximately 75 minutes. Coffee, Tea and Water will be available and participants will be provided with a pen, folder, paper and handouts. Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate and t-shirt as well as a discount code for future Walking Tree Services.